[Tango-L] Tourists & Janis - another perspective

Club~Tango*La Dolce Vita~ dani at tango-la-dolce-vita.eu
Mon Mar 19 19:45:47 EDT 2007

NO, I disagree with you, Igor. What Janis wrote IS NOT "important, invaluable...".

  How can you say that condemning/almost slandering (or is it libelling? I can never remember) others and other organisations is "important, invaluable..."...???

  There is no justification for doing such a thing, AND unsolicited for that matter. It was merely an unjustifiable attack. Such guff shouldn't be on the List. I was brought up to believe "Live and let live". For example, I am a reactive person, but not pro-active (Macchiavelli was RIGHT). There's nothing wrong with (in my book, anyway) retaliating to an attack. Janis's attack however, was an unsolicited condemnation of CITA and of anyone who doesn't think about tango the way she thinks of it.

  That is not good stuff!

  Now, Janis knows what I think. I fact I saw her yesterday evening. Funny thing is that face-to-face, Janis does seem to listen (to an extent) to what others are thinking/saying, although, having said that, it does not change her opinion. The List medium tends to be in many instances a one-way street, in which it's easy to launch an attack on somthing irrespective of possible consequences (eg flaming).

  Regards

  Dani

Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:
  I vote for Nina!

Igor Polk
PS
Janis, Please, accept my apologies for some short temper characters in here!
What you write is important, invaluable, please continue !

PPS
Wow, how tables are turning !!!