[Tango-L] Dancing in the middle of people throwing sharp pointed things at each other....

David Hodgson DHodgson at TangoLabyrinth.com
Sun Mar 18 23:18:34 EDT 2007

And now for the Cortena...

(Note I put this out to another tango list with great relish)

I was in San Francisco once, walking along the Golden

Gate Bridge, and I saw this guy on the bridge about to

jump. So I thought I'd try to stall and detain him,

long enough for me to put the film in. I said, "Don't

jump!" and he turns... You've heard of the elephant

man. He was kind of like that, he had a, well, you

could say he had the head of a horse. And my heart

went out to him. I said, "Why the long face?"

He said, "'Cause all my life people have called me

mean names like horses-head or Flicka or chess-piece

or Trigger..."

I said, "Well, don't worry about it, Ed. It can't be

that bad."

He said, "My girlfriend's suing me!"

I said, "For palomino?"

He said, "Why was I put on this Earth?"

I said, "My friend, anywhere else you wouldn't stand a

chance."

He said, "Nobody loves me."

I said, "God loves you, you silly ninny."

He said, "How do you know there's a God?"

I said, "Of course there's a God. Do you think that

billions of years ago a bunch of molecules floating

around at random could someday have had the sense of

humor to make you look like that?"

He said, "I do believe in God."

I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"

He said, "A Christian."

I said, "Me too. Protestant or Catholic?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! What franchise?"

He says, "Baptist."

I said, "Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern

Baptist?"

He says, "Northern Baptist."

I said, "Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or

Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Baptist."

I say, "Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist

Baptist or Northern Conservative Reform Baptist?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Fundamentalist

Baptist."

I say, "Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist

Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative

Fundamentalist Baptist Eastern Region?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist

Great Lakes Region."

I say, "Me too! Northern Conservative Fundamentalist

Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern

Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist Great Lakes Region

Council of 1912?"

He says, "Northern Conservative Fundamentalist Baptist

Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."

I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over!

Note 1: For the ones who get the joke, I have a budwiser mug I will send you
and will pay for shipping.

Note 2: For the ones who don't get the joke, I am looking forward to a
picture of the look in your eyes as gravity takes hold. I have film ready in
the camera.

Note 3: Wondering if this email will inspire to have a Follow share love,
affection and hot sex.

Note 4: Go back to throwing things at each other. I am off to do the
important things, like dance.

Ever thus to the Spirit of the Dance