[Tango-L] Identities

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Sun Mar 18 14:54:00 EDT 2007

You know, from my point-of-view, there has been a little case of
(unintentional, surely) identity theft here. In the sense that I know of
people who wrote scathyingly in the last few months thinking it was me
they were so upset with.

I must also assume that the other "Keith's" comments in the past have been
attributed in people's minds to moi, owing to my having been here for so
long with the name Keith (even though my last name is always used in the
"from" line)  and something of a small profile, etc. Unfair.

It is easy to see that, if the rules of entrance are so elastic, one could
arrive as "Tom," or "Daniel," or "Janis," or "Randy" or "Christian" or
Manuel," etc. and be very discordant.

If you don't want to identify yourself as who you are, other "Keith,"
please at least consider using better Tango-L etiquette by calling
yourself "Keith Newbie" or whatever. It would be appreciated.

With regards,

Keith Elshaw

 - who feels in the circumstances he has a right to ask all list members
of this on behalf of everyone - no?