[Tango-L] Heel-first versus Toe-first: Lucha libre observations

Barbara Garvey barbara at tangobar-productions.com
Sun Mar 18 00:54:08 EDT 2007

Just returned from an evening of Lucha Libre in the non-tourist part of
town ( if you've seen the movie Nacho Libre, the real thing-- which film
critics have evidently never experienced-- is more outrageous) and I
observed that the luchadores walk heel first going forward and toe first
going back (and for back flips out of the ring).

Of course their aim is not to look good, but to make their opponent, and
maybe the referee,  fall flat on his back.
Viva Mexico,
Barbara