[Tango-L] interview with Homer and Cristina Ladas

jackie ling wong jackie.wong at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 10 23:53:19 EST 2007

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that Tango Pulse's latest interview with
Homer and Cristina Ladas is posted on the website at
http://www.tangopulse.net/interview_HomerCristina.htm

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the two of them.  Hopefully, the
interview will provide the same opportunity for you.  What a treat!
jackie
www. tangopulse.net

Here's a sample:
Q: What is this about you being the “queen of the serpents”.

Cristina: Maybe it’s because of my long curly hair... you know...
Medusa...(laughter) A friend of ours, Jaimes, coined this name. He
called me Queen of the Serpents because I can go slow or fast... and
I move in a spiral. Homer interjects: “yep, she can throw in a leg
wrap that is amazing!”  ( We later discovered that once, when
Cristina was a child, she killed a cobra with a garden hoe!)

Q: Homer, why are you “water”?

Homer: My friend, Jaimes, decided to give colorful descriptions to
his Tango friends. Jaimes is a dragon. Alex is a wizard and I am
water because of my nature to flow with my partner. Iif they are not
able to follow me, I follow them but if they follow me well, I
increase the current flow and our dance becomes more dynamic.