[Tango-L] Villa Malcolm

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Mon Mar 5 22:01:20 EST 2007

Miles and Jen,

"Maybe this place isn't Keith's cup of tea."

Duh! I thought my posting made that very clear. But actually, I don't really have anything against
Nuevo dancing and I've taken a lot of classes and private lessons from a couple in BsAs who make
it look great, although they always stress that it's not for use in the milongas. I've also seen a
few demonstratuons of Nuevo during traditional milongas and, again, the professionals made it look
great. What I have against Villa Malcolm is that the people couldn't dance Tango and their
dancing, Nuevo or whatever it was, was truly ugly. I'm sure they thought they were great and
really cool, which is why I suggested they video themselves so they could see how bad they
actually look. To me, Tango is a beautiful thing, even a simple Tango danced by beginners can be
beautiful, and to see a dance floor full of people doing horrible, ugly movements to Tango music -
well, it was just unbearable, as I'm sure it would be to any Tango lover.

Keith