[Tango-L] [Fwd: NYT: The Whole World Is Watching]

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Fri Jun 29 13:59:44 EDT 2007

Wow!

The world really is becoming a large village !
Like in old times - everyone knows about their neighbors from the day one.
And about their parents and grandparents too.. And with whom they dance..

I do not think that anyone should bother too much - just be yourself.
Yeah, it take some courage for the modern people, I know.
Many people are so selfish.. they consider others being themselves as
"invasion of their privacy", well, that is their problem. To be yourself is
such a great thing !

We are normal people, and most of us have nothing to hide, and most of us
have nothing to fool other people around. If I say something - that is what
I think, not what I want you to think.

Are you afraid of an employer? Do not worry, he will find out everything he
needs to know. Think about it: having a pleasure to be yourself, or trying
desperately to look like others would love you to see. You can not satisfy
everyone anyway.

One of the great things about tango is that it make you to be yourself. You
are so visible to your partner. That is why many are afraid of this dance
once they have tasted it. But tango is the best opportunity of all to be
themselves in public. We need it. We are social creatures. It is healing.

Constantly thinking what others would write about you in a blog is limiting
your freedom. Don't you think so?

Igor Polk