[Tango-L] Interview with Gustavo Naveira, Part 1

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:56:42 EDT 2007

Hi Danni,

I understand your point of view. I hope you don't lump me in the tango-nerd
category as I'm fairly iconoclastic myself ;-))) The deal is this, I don't
belive in deifying anyone in tango or in any oither facet of life. Actually,
I rather skeptical abput all the waxing lirycal about the innefabilty of the
tango moment, etc. I actually consider many of the current icons of tango
(in the US, Argentina and the world) to be fairly overrated and IMHO, some
are outright frauds. However, I'm not disposed to attack, denean or
otherwise defame any of these folks or their teachings and doctrines.
Perhaps Chris is merely stirring up controversy or trying to inject humor in
the discussion. The problem is that things  written in these forums can
sometimes become de facto "truths". I just wanted to set the record
straight.

Cheers,

Manuel

visit our webpage