[Tango-L] Mens group practice

'Mash mashdot at toshine.net
Tue Jun 26 08:28:47 EDT 2007

I recently watched "ABRAZO" the documentary on the Tango festival in BA and there was a short clip of an all male production. The scene was then cut to Godoy talking about how men used to dance with men in terms of showing their skills, not nessercerily dancing together (embrace).

Anyhow the reason I ask is the title I saw on this clip was "Tango Emocion" which I assume was footage from Godoy's show. I have just purchased
"Tango Emocion - Mora Godoy - Tango Company [DVD] (2005)" from the US and am hoping this is from the show and on the DVD.

I mention this as I am actually thinking about trying to revive this male group dynamic, this practise together here in the UK. As some of you may recall I am involved with Housedance and though a separate dance; a group of us meet up and "jam" together. Watching each other learning and picking up different styles and steps. It would be interesting if such a thing as portrayed in that clip were to exist again. Men being men, and working together on polishing there techniques.

Let me know your thoughts or if this already exists anywhere in the world?

Thanks

'Mash
London, UK