[Tango-L] Videos of Dancing at Milongas

tango@bostonphotographs.com tango at bostonphotographs.com
Wed Jun 20 19:12:18 EDT 2007

As one of the people who posted video from milongas (well, the video was
of myself dancing, but one can see many other peoples in the video) here
is my take on it.

As with any other PUBLIC event, where anyone can come in, there is no
expectation of privacy at most milongas. If it was say a private function,
where admission is based on something more then just a cover charge, maybe
expectation of privacy could be argued.

I enjoy seeing video and pictures from events because they do help forming
an idea on how the atmosphere is. I don't want to go somewhere, and pay
the cover to discover how good or lame an event is.

The organizers can certainly ban whatever they see fit, but I would avoid
patronizing such events when there are alternatives, as I am a pretty big
fan of free exchange of information. I certainly don't mind being taped or
photographed in a public space.

cheers

Sorin
my photography site: http://www.bostonphotographs.com