[Tango-L] Women's role

Carol Shepherd arborlaw at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 14:14:31 EDT 2007

Rather than relying on references to the superiority of ethnicities and
other stereotypes in discussing the building of one's dance prowess:

The best method I have seen to teach women to follow (any dance), is to
simply ask them to close their eyes in partner work.

A. The lead and the move itself has to be mechanically and rhythmically
correct for them to know what is being asked.  This quickly flushes out
any balance and axis problems.

B. They won't be able to anticipate.

An 'eye opener' for the man who is used to back leading, as well.  A
win-win technique.