[Tango-L] Rock step?

=?windows-1250?Q?Ecsedy_=C1ron?= aron at milonga.hu
Mon Jul 23 17:40:15 EDT 2007

My Argentine dancepartner called the rock step (with or without turn) a "rebota". A word I hadn't heard before. (She did not speak a word of English or taken lessons from teachers who usually teach non-spanish speakers). She also believed that it should be used only when really needed (to avoid immediate collision, to quickly change direction or as a game with the rythm á la traspie)

Aron

ceverett> Arrepentida is a smaller piece than that.  It's just a change of
ceverett> direction that happens before the weight is transferred.  And it
ceverett> needs a bit of fold, spindle and mutilate to make it into an ocho
ceverett> cortado.

ceverett> Christopher

ceverett> Tango-L at mit.edu