[Tango-L] Rock step?

MACFroggy@aol.com MACFroggy at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 13:55:05 EDT 2007

You know, this is all about terminology, and it's a bit ridiculous especially
because of the two languages, English and Spanish, in which we learn and
dance tango. (OK, in Finland maybe there's three.)

But anyway. the "arrependita" of Christopher is probably what my partner
Ruben Aybar calls what I call, "ocho cortado" (still with me here?) Some people
also call it a "milonguero cross" but believe me, no milonguero uses that term.

A "rock step" to me is when the feet don't change position (one is forward,
one is back), but the weight "rocks" forward and back, and milongueros often
use it as a turn.

Because tango is a walking dance, there are times when the walk has to be in
place, and very simply "rocks" forward and back, changing feet, changing
weight--no hip motion, no fancy stuff, no rock 'n roll.

No big deal. Not even sure why I replied to this post. A rose by any other
name...

Cherie

(54) 11 4932-5027
http://tangocherie.blogspot.com/