[Tango-L] Rampant serious misunderstandings about "Gustavo"

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sun Jul 22 17:11:03 EDT 2007

Dear list,

Here in Boulder, we're finishing up two weeks worth of working with Gustavo
Naveira and Giselle Anne, learning from them, sitting with tears in our eyes
watching them dance, listening to their music choices as DJ's, and sharing
the social dance floor with them to live tango music.

Chris, your statements referring to Gustavo Naveira, his ideas, his
teaching, and what he means by various concepts, are so comically at
variance with what we're experiencing here for ourselves that it sadly calls
into question the validity of anything you say.  I say "sadly" because it's
clear you care a lot about tango, and like many of us, have had some
powerful experiences and conclusions which you seem interested in sharing.

To be clear, I am referring to your statements without the ";)" smiley after
or in them, and thus those which you perhaps intend to be taken seriously.
If you just forgot the ";)", well OK, never mind - we infer from Dani that
you don't mean anything substantive by statements so labeled.

You're not the only frequent poster on the list with serious
misunderstandings about Gustavo - just currently the most vociferous.

Assuming you DO have serious conversation to share here...for the record,
could you review for us just what your firsthand experiences with Gustavo's
teaching and dancing were?  Such a context would make your truly bizarre
statements a little easier to understand.

I concur with Steve that if anyone REALLY wants to know what Gustavo and
Giselle think/teach/dance, they should quickly see if there are any spots
left in Atlanta next week for his workshops and performances with Giselle.
G&G will be coming down from high altitude, so it should be incredible -
thinking about them having the extra oxygen in Atlanta makes me really happy
for all you easterners - they're altitude-adapted now, and they absolutely
blew the roof off last night.  People are saying they will remember it for
the rest of their lives.

Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
775 Pleasant Street
Boulder, CO 80302 USA
303-938-0716
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"