[Tango-L] open and close embrace

Amaury de Siqueira amaurycdsf at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 12:44:52 EDT 2007

st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
Recently I have been approached by beginner level dancersasking me about close embrace dancing.  It appears that in certain milongasdanced the USdancers believe that close embrace is the only way to dance tango.  One interestingT-Shirt worn by a male dancer claimed: “Real Man Dance Close Embrace”The t-shirt was for a St. Louis Argentine Tango event.

I sincerely hope that this topic generate constructivecommentaries PLEASE  no flaming.

I feel that both close and open embrace serve different andequally important functions.  Shouldn’t we as dancers be comfortable andfluent in all aspects of the dance?  If so, what are the benefits ofcriticizing and dismissing one style over the other?

If our archives contain past exchanges in this topic cansomeone provide me dates?

Sincerely,

Amaury