[Tango-L] Fwd: Women's technique

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:37:43 EDT 2007

I dont know...it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I could go into a lengthy explanation of that but i think we all know what I
mean. In Buenos Aires, where I have a ton of choices of leaders to choose
from, I would be much more discerning but in North America, when the choices
are so few and there's about 20 great followers per one good leader, the
competion is overwhelming.

So, I do lower my standards a bit and try to make the best of it. The thing
is that intermediate leaders do improve, especially if they're bitten by the
tango bug. If I am friendly with them now, then I've got a much better
chance of dancing with them when they finally become good leaders.

The big question is how can leaders become better dancers if we don't give
them a chance?

It's a very grey muddy area with way too many variables for me to black and
white about this subject.