[Tango-L] 5 years.

ceverett@ceverett.com ceverett at ceverett.com
Sun Jul 15 15:46:29 EDT 2007

I spent 8 weeks in BA last June, July and August.

In the beginning, everyone needs to adjust to BA.  I did indeed run into
one of those unforgiving types, who actually had earned the right to be
judgemental (she is very sick now, I hear).  As I recall, my lead needed
considerable firming up and I needed to slow way down, faults common
enough everywhere in the  world.  In the end I was doing well enough.

That being said, I've seen Miles dance.  He'll do fine, probably better
than I did.  I never went anywhere in BA harder to navigate than the
Friday night Mercury Cafe milonga with 200+ people in it.

Actually, I will go out on a limb and say that if you stay in the lanes,
navigation in Denver is better than many BA milongas.  There aren't
nearly as many inconsiderate jerks rushing forwards and backwards in the
line of dance to open up 3 to 4 times the amount of space the rest have
to be content with.

Christopher