[Tango-L] Fwd: Women's technique

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 10:09:05 EDT 2007

Actually, a women's technique can improve with
inexperienced dancers if she consciously works at it.  The
problem with dancing with only good dancers is that the
good dancers end up compensating for her and she never
learns what she needs to work on.  BTW, I prefer the word
"inexperienced" to "bad" because I find the latter to be
more of an attitude than dance ability.

For example, I would consciously work on my grounding with
a really big guy that would tend to pull women off axis a
lot.  (He had problems processing information from an
accident, so there was some tolerance.)  When I danced with
him, I refused to let him do that to me.  I got my grouding
practice in and he got to work on his listening skills.

Trini de Pittsburgh