[Tango-L] Sticky Floor

rhink2@netscape.net rhink2 at netscape.net
Mon Jul 9 13:24:08 EDT 2007

I was told by an old ballroom competitor/judge/instructor about the secret of soap.? Yes, that's right, a bar of soap to smooth out a sticky floor.?? I carry a bar of soap in my dance bag just for that purpose.? If I encounter a floor that is either too slow, too fast , or too uneven, rubbing soap on the soles of one's shoes? really does seem to help.

I don't recommend soaping down your floor, but if you can find something waxy like tallow that won't adhere too strongly to leather or suede, you might have a solution (so to say).

Bob
San Francisco