[Tango-L] Classic alternative?

ceverett@ceverett.com ceverett at ceverett.com
Sat Jul 7 02:02:13 EDT 2007

In Minneapolis, there are some tangueros with serious ballroom
dancing backgrounds.  One couple in particular automatically
dances swing, rumba, cha-cha, foxtrot or whatever else seems
appropriate to them to a lot of alternative music.  I love it
when they do that, because if the DJ wanted them to dance tango
steps to non-traditional music, he shouldn't have asked dancers
to ram a square peg into a round hole.

As a DJ, I could tell stories about some requests I get for
alternative music, but I think I'll pass on that ... I'm trying
to be a good boy. ;)

Christopher

PS.  I love what Andres Amarillo posted many months back: "Tango
*is* alternative".  It's become my stock answer when I'm not in
the mood to accommodate such requests.