[Tango-L] 5 tips for your trip

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 11:30:02 EST 2007

Astrid,

  I am quite certain this was tongue-in-cheek because
it is all the gaffes that tourists make when going to
BsAs milongas.  We better add in - taking out your
dance shoes and grunting around while you put them on
in the dance hall, seating yourself at a table (
except for Canning afternoons), asking the organizer
if you can put on a demonstration and then promoting
oneself as having been asked to perform at various
milongas, and the worst of all, ladies, asking a man
to dance in a milonga!

Been there, seen that

Nancy
--- astrid <astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp> wrote:

> Is this tongue in cheek, Neil?
>
> > - Wear a hat. It makes you look distinguished and
> lets people know you are
> > serious about tango.
>
> I think, wearing a hat is the same category like
> wearing black and white
> shoes...
> >
> > - Argentines are a little shy. That's why they use
> eye contact to ask each
> > other to dance. This doesn't work too well,
> though, so if you find that a
> > women doesn't respond to your blinking and
> head-nodding, you can safely
> > assume that she didn't see you and you can proceed
> to walk up to her
> table,
> > hold out you hand and ask here verbally to dance.
>
> Unless she ignored you on puropose and regards you
> as really obnoxious if
> you now walk over...
> >
> > Have a great trip!
>
> yeah,. good luck...