[Tango-L] Tango Connect-Improv

romerob@telusplanet.net romerob at telusplanet.net
Tue Feb 27 12:22:48 EST 2007

Quoting Tom Stermitz <stermitz at tango.org>:

Tango came out of an Oral/Aural tradion. Tango isn't contained in the
sheet music. We've lost something because we no longer have the tango
tradition of passing ideas down the generations. We've also lost
something because musicians usually want to artists (fair enough)
rather than dance-orchestras.

my 2 cents:

If I am not off the point on this issue, the tango to be classified as
traditional it would have required to be passed orally/aurally to a next
generation. I am not sure this condition was met.

Regards,

Bruno