[Tango-L] An exciting time, One community, Alex & Korey

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 13:25:33 EST 2007

Astrid,

If you wish to think of me as a fool for asking a
straightforward question, then it says more about you than
it does about me.

Personally, the only people I view as fools are those who
think they know "the truth" instead of realizing that they
may only have part of "the truth" or, more correctly,
"their truth".  More importantly is how they treat other
people.  But being judgmental is not the type of person I
want to be.  People have the right to be "fools".

Some of our students have told us that they like studying
with us because we are always questioning and trying to
learn.  They know perfectly well that Sean & I don’t know
everything.  And they know that as we continue to learn,
what we tell them today might be altered next year.  In my
opinion, a good teacher is forever a student, as well.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- astrid <astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp> wrote:

> > At a recent milonga, I was dancing to a piece (I think
> it
> > was Korey Ireland's) and my partner surprised me by
> > following a different rhythm than what I was hearing.
> He
> > was more familiar with the piece, and I found his
> > interpretation to be similar to the complex rhythms of
> > traditional tango.  I was hearing a more simple rhythm.
> > don't have the piece, so I can't be more specific.
> Isn't
> > this the counterpointing rhythms that Gregory talks
> about?
> >

> > Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/