[Tango-L] " same sex couple dancing in a milonga"

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 12:03:51 EST 2007

"Do you agree?
Do you mind seeing it?
Do you permit it (if you are a milonga organizer)?
Are you doing it?

Nik"

Nope, don't mind it at all. Personally, only women I don't mind dancing with
are the teachers because the non-teachers overcompensate too much. I.e.,
throwing their partners into the cross as opposed to leading, that sort of
thing. It feels odd when you dance with someone who's physically smaller
than a man yet leads more aggressively than a man. I have to admit that
there was a woman I espied at a milonga a long while ago who I would have
loved to dance with for she leads like a man, not like a woman trying to
lead like one.

I don't mind witnessing it at all and if I were an organizer, I would
certainly permit it. But then again, I come from a rather liberally-minded
city. MIght be a completely different story elsewhere.