[Tango-L] Piazzolla "Alternative" Music?

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Feb 26 05:51:02 EST 2007

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) wrote:
> To give you at least one useful response to your question,
> Huck is dead on right about Piazzolla. It is absulutely
> alternative music. If you try to dance tango to it, IMHO,
> you will look even more foolish than the people who try to
> dance nuevo to it. That's not to say that it can't be
> danced to, just to say that those very few who can dance
> that well are not to be found on this list. (Unless they
> are lurking.)

You presume much too much - both about the list members
(the majority of which you've never seen dance) and about
Piazzolla (who was very different in the fifties than it the
later years. Or is any Troilo number with Piazzolla playing
in it tainted by association?).

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>