[Tango-L] "Alternative" Music....

musette fan musettefan at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 00:16:32 EST 2007

I agree with Elemer.  I call it "freestyle partner
dancing" for lack of a catchier name, because that's
what it feels like it is to me, and I don't think has
to use only tango steps.  I think it's great fun to
do, but I also enjoy dancing other partner dances, so
that may have something to do with it.

When I dance Argentine tango, which I adore, I am a
purist or "traditionalist" for sure. They seem like
two completely different things, but I do think there
is a difference between dancing to totally non-tango
music and to stuff like Gotan Project, and then it's
neo or nuevo tango, in my mind and body at least.

Terri