[Tango-L] Tango World Championship - judging

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Thu Feb 22 14:10:00 EST 2007

"june es" wrote:

> Dancing to me is like acting

That would be show tango, I guess.

Social tango is not an act. It is the real thing.

> the skill of judging - when judges offer their feedback to the competing
> dancers I am amazed by what they see that I could not.

June, if you can't see these things, how do you know the judges can?

Let's not forget that their business is business. Moreover, show business.

Chris

PS I hear that following the success of the Tango World Championship, the
city of BsAs is to hold a wine competition. The judges won't need to taste
the wine. They'll be able to determine the quality just by looking at it. ;)

PPS And Huck... LOL!