[Tango-L] Tango World Championship

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 17:05:20 EST 2007

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's actually word-of-mouth that is most effective at
getting people out and about, moreso than websites.  Around
here, websites are used for reference but it is definitely
word-of-mouth that people rely on for their
decision-making.

So if preliminary rounds in Miami are held a 20 hour drive
from where I live in Pennsylvania, I am not going to hear
about it because I do not really care about what happens in
Miami.  If preliminary rounds were in DC, which is only 4
hours away (and very little tango between Pgh and DC), I
may hear about it.  This is where size matters.

Trini

--- astrid <astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp> wrote:

> I always thought that Japan is much more a village
> society and an "island
> nation" than many other countries, but even in Japan, we
> have several
> websites for tango announcements, even if people are not
> as good at using
> the internet as the Americans yet...

http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/tango-l/2006-August/001931.html

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/