[Tango-L] Club Gricel in Buenos Aires--things aren't the way theyused to be -- Part 2

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Feb 16 01:13:04 EST 2007

> The hostess returned from dancing and told me to leave.  She has been
coming
> to BsAs for the past eight years and organizes tours.  Her guests were not
> ready to dance at any milonga, especially not on the crowded floor at
> Gricel.  Why couldn't she arrange for a taxi dancer who knows how to
dance?

Because she is doing it for the money, Janis. Can she dance properly
herself? That young man with the ponytail was probably the cheapest taxi
dancer she could find. And the ladies would not be able to tell the
difference. How many taxi dancers in BA would be ready to lead a complete
beginner around the dance floor at Gricel anyway, I wonder?
I know more people in the dance business who are like that. Not just in the
tango world.

Astrid