[Tango-L] Steve pastor, Megan,Candombe/milongathon

Nussbaum, Martin mnussbau at law.nyc.gov
Thu Feb 1 14:06:31 EST 2007

 Megan, or Steve Pastor wrote, For you dancers out there: what do you
like? In reference to Candombe and milonga.
If Megan does not use Candombe at all, the dancers are missing out on a
whole lotta fun.  You should invite Facundo and Kelly Posada to give
workshops on Candombe in your community, they are wonderful.
 I dance about 6 nights a week in NYC.  I want to hear more milongas,
more candombe, more canyengue, at every milonga I attend.  There is
never enough, usually one tanda per hour or two. I often rest during the
ubiquitous tangos to save energy for milonga.   In fact, I would welcome
an occasional   "All-Milonga-Milonga", (a milongathon?)at which nothing
but milonga/candombe/canyengue was played all night, maybe with a one
tanda break per hour for tango, at which time the medics could carry out
the fallen.  The milongathon should only end when the last surviving
couple throws the white towel onto the floor.  How about it, hosts/DJ's?
There's gotta be other lunaticos as insane as me.