[Tango-L] dancing with a broom

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 21:21:10 EST 2007

I'll take the woman who ...

  - Hears the music differently than I do.
  - Expects me to wait.
  - Desires me to slow down.
  - Is doing something with her legs that I can't see, but I know is wonderful.
  - Snaps to that front step during a quick milonga.
  - Makes me wait when she steps over.
  - Loves the feel of torsion.
  - Loves it when our feet touch during a torsion move.
  - Wants me to be there for her as she displays her beauty.
  - Likes the little wiggles.
  - Teaches me something new.
  - Likes the little foot drags in close embrace.
  - Notices when I have changed my embrace to loosen up.
  - Giggles at a great ending.
  - Allows me to say it was my fault.
  - Caresses my leg or back with her leg.
  - Exchanges lead and follow just enough to keep my on my toes.
  - Looks at me with appreciation when I have noticed all of those things.

Victor Bennetts <Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com> wrote:

I think we can all agree brooms are great to dance with as demonstrated definitively in that CITA video. But I thought I would list a few things I like about dancing with my wife in particular and women in general (when the connection is good) that you don't get from a broom:
1. they embrace you with tenderness
2. you can feel their heart beating
3. you can feel them breathing
4. they are warm
5. if you do something inventive or particularly musical you get a small smile or sometimes a sigh
6. the smell of them when you are both working hard and you both start to sweat
7. the way they hold you for a moment after a beautiful dance before they release you and step away

Maybe someone will invent a broom that can provide these things but I don't believe it will be in my lifetime. In short, despite all your quarrelsome ways, haughtiness, occasional bad breath - god bless you tangueras!

Victor Bennetts