[Tango-L] The Suggested Lead

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Wed Dec 26 05:17:04 EST 2007

TFH,

Your 'suggested lead' approach sounds like a horrible way to dance Tango. To me, a
tanguero should display the masculine qualities of leadership, strength [i.e. in the
frame] and confidence. Your leader sounds weak and hesitent. It's little wonder his
lead was misread.

Wouldn't it be easier to learn how to give a clear lead for the woman to make a step
of 18 inches, without any ambiguity? Michael's reponse sound's correct - your frame
is too weak. Otherwise she wouldn't have stepped short.

Keith, HK

On Wed Dec 26 10:18 , Tango For Her  sent:

>I am sure that someone is going to respond with a version of this that doesn't use the word "suggest", but has the same effect.  In that
case, we are all intending the same thing, but, we use different language.  Live and let live ...