[Tango-L] Brainstorming

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Mon Dec 24 13:07:56 EST 2007

Igor:
Brainstorming applies to a group working on a common goal, such as an assignment at the office. It doesn't apply to Tango L. For some, it's to impress; for others, to share information.

Those looking for answers to all their tango questions should stop because they won't find them here. This is a bulletin board to share information. Even if the answers were posted, it doesn't mean they would be understood.

I learned the hard way that understanding and dancing tango well requires maturity and patience. I had NEITHER when I started. My teacher, Joe, would tell me about the wonders of close embrace and I'd say "HUH????" I remember one lesson he said "I can go the whole night without a gancho." That amazed me. (As a sidebar, ganchos seem to have fallen out of favor because I don't see many anymore.) I lament I didn't start tango earlier, but then, I wasn't ready for tango. I had to wait for the right moment to start.

I remember the old TV program Kung Fu that starred David Carradine. He was a Shaolin priest, taught philosophy and the martial arts. He asked too many questions and his master would say something like "Ah, Grasshopper. Everything will be revealed to you in time."

Many times, I had to take Joe's advice on faith until I could understand the deeper meaning of his explanations. I suggest you take on faith what people tell you. If women don't want to be compared to an object, DON'T do it. Take it on faith unless you want to go through life banging your head against the wall.

Michael
Washington, DC
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango