[Tango-L] any advice for bad shoulders?

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Sun Dec 23 23:15:39 EST 2007

OH, I know that feeling. You can't stop the woman from having a stiff right arm. You can only control the direction she's pushing. Instead of outwardly, direct her arm directly downward. This way, her energy is not pushing on your shoulder nor is it impacting the alignment.  You have to stay relaxed no matter how hard she pushes or you'll absorb the tension that is in her arm. No matter how hard she tries to bring her arm up and outward, keep it down. This has led to short tandas. If I have to choose between self preservation and finishing the tanda.....

Michael
Washington, DC
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango