[Tango-L] Thank you, followers, for a beautiful dance

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 13:59:26 EST 2007

  mon·o·logue
          1.  a form of dramatic entertainment, comedic solo, or the like by a single speaker: a comedian's monologue.         2.  a prolonged talk or discourse by a single speaker, esp. one dominating or monopolizing a conversation.         3.  any composition, as a poem, in which a single person speaks alone.         4.  a part of a drama in which a single actor speaks alone; soliloquy.

  In an earlier post, I wrote the following.  And, want to re-post it as a thank you to all of the women who have been 50-50 in the dance with me.  I had to listen, very intently, to all of you, to get to this point.  Thank you.  I couldn't have done it without you.  And, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be known for dancing a monologue!

  If I were dancing a monologue, I wouldn't be able to achieve the following understanding of tango:

  Tai Chi ... Tai Chien, if I have spelled that correctly, is the center of the body. Dance to the center of your follower's body and you will experience the ultimate connection. Then, the woman will truly feel your musicality.

I don't think it's about my feet or chest. It is all about the woman. When I put all of my concentration on how my partner's body reacts to my movements and hers, we both approach nirvana.

Tango is very simple. It is all about the woman. Try on doing a variety of things with your feet while still giving the same feel to the woman. You will notice that the energy doesn't come directly from your feet. Think about the woman's body receiving your energy and you will notice that you are no longer thinking about your feet.

Again, think of how the woman is receiving and reacting to energy and you will notice that all of your body is merely there to assist you. You could dance the jig with your feet and, as long as she feels pure tango musicality, she won't care.

Try on feeling how the energy flows through HER body and how HER feet find the timing and the feel.