[Tango-L] tell me why someone can not stand comparison of a dancer to a musical instrument

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Sun Dec 23 13:00:09 EST 2007

Dear Anna.

If you think that: " We realize men like to use well-known, often cited,
worn-out metaphors like the one with the violin.
This might be linked with their drive to play
(with toys, brushes, violins, whatever), "homo ludens"."

If you think that a violin and a brush is the same,
and if you think that a comparison of a dancer to a violin or to a brush has
the same meaning,

And if you think that a musician is the same like a boy or like a
yard-keeper,

I have a conclusion that you have no idea

1. What music is about,
2. What it make to be a good musician ( all musicians are good, otherwise
they are not )
3. You dance tango rather like a broom than a violin.

Buy,
Where is my guitar...

Igor Polk

PS. I do not know guys. You are talking here about Feelings... Creativity,
...Freedom... bla-bla-bla.
And can not see behind the obvious.
Do not understand a poeting comparison,
Do not see meaing in abstract.

That tells me way more about your abilities as dancers than all your
postings combined.

Gosh, why did I get to this list !

Girls, you are violins ( or berimbau ) in tango either you want it or not !
Just pray to get in the hands of a talented musician.

Otherwise you will squeak, scream and cry like you do it now.

God save you and Merry Christmas !