[Tango-L] [OT] Men|Women|Dancing Ability [WAS Re: Don't blame your follower]

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 17:17:04 EST 2007

"And they cringe when they see the guys on 'Dancing With The Stars' wearing
spandex and gliding around...no matter how masterful and powerful the
dancing might be."

  And rightly so. But maybe not for the same reasons as I do, which is an almost
  complete lack of musicality, and absolutely atrocious music. "So You Think You
  Can Dance" is a better show if you understand musicality in the least, and there
  is much, much less posturing.

  The song used in the Gap commercial was swing, not blues.
  Music for The Gap Khaki Swing comes from Louis Prima’s swing number,
  “Jump, Jive an’ Wail”, performed by Brian Setzer and Orchestra.
  http://www.duncans.tv/2005/gap-khakis
  They also did a commecial with line dancers using Dwight Yoakum's verison of
  "Crazy Little Thing".

  I have a few other minor quibbles with your post, (If women want men to dance,
  they should not laugh at them or get frustrated with them when they don't get
  it. One young woman was telling me recently that she though it was OK to
  laugh at her boyfriend's mistakes. I advised he to think otherwise. He shook
  his head in agreement.), but I agree with most of what you have written.