[Tango-L] Don't blame your follower ...keys

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 23:01:59 EST 2007

I think this was possibly during a time period when keys
were more of the skeletal type.  I'm not familiar with the
history of locks, but this type probably may not have fit
in pockets comfortably.  Based on the footage that I've
seen, women were doing ganchos and high boleos.

Trini

--- Tango Society of Central Illinois
<tango.society at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/16/07, Trini y Sean (PATangoS) <patangos at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > This thread reminds me of something I heard a few years
> > ago.  It used to be that men in BsAs would hang their
> keys
> > from belt or pants.  And the women would try to hit the
> > keys to get them to jingle during boleos and possibly
> > ganchos.  Anyone else familiar with that?
>

> Trini,
>
> I think this is another tango urban myth. Women in Buenos
> Aires milongas
> don't use ganchos and the few boleos that are used are
> kept on the floor.
>
> Ron

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/