[Tango-L] Franelear -- have you tried it?

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Wed Dec 12 08:59:36 EST 2007

> One time Ruben takes the lady out to dance and after the tanda whispers to
> me
> that I have to explain to her that wrapping her leg around the man's waist
> gives a certain "impression" to the Argentine milongueros.
 Responsible tango teachers around the world should be aware of possible
> misunderstandings of certain moves in other cultures--especially in the
> milongas of
> Buenos Aires.

Cherie,
I think, you should rephrase this to:
Responsible teachers around the world should be aware of the fact that some
people in other cultures outside Argentina may not have understood the
original meaning of certain tango moves, and may use them carelessly. ; )