[Tango-L] 4 videos. A little statistics.

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Sun Dec 9 01:19:22 EST 2007

I'd like to point your attention to little statistics
about these videos:

[A] - Ballroom Tango. Elite dance. Probably not less dancers in the world
than in Argentina; Sorry, the example is far from the best.
[B] - Finnish Tango. Mass social dance. More dance clubs and definitely
higher percent of dancers than anywhere else. ( Commenary is quite
interesting..). It would be interesting to see their best dancers.
[C] - Tango Nuevo ( or Neo Tango ). Underground Elite dance. Very few people
know about it and much fewer are able to dance it nicely. Isn't Chicho
himself there ?
[D] - Argentine Tango. Popular social dance to elite dance.

So if we assign numbers of dancers it will be something like this( very
roughly: )
1000
1000
10
1000

Please, I do not make any conclusions. Just pointing your attention.
Otherwise someone outside might be confused.

Igor Polk.