[Tango-L] Milonga on Avenida de Mayo for National Day of the Tango

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Sun Dec 9 00:23:22 EST 2007

It was the best ever!  Three stages with nonstop music for four hours.
People came to hear the orchestras and watch all the dancing in the street.
There was dancing everywhere.  It's the first time there was seating for the
thousands who came to enjoy a night of tango.  It was an incredible
technical setup which must have taken all day.

They saved the best for last.  Los Reyes del Tango (D'Arienzo style) played
around midnight while those from the milongas danced on stage in front of
the orchestra.  The street and sidewalks were filled with an attentive
audience on a perfect night in Buenos Aires.

I couldn't stop smiling.  I'm so fortunate to be living here.  Oh, what a
night!

Janis

www.totango.net/milongueros.html