[Tango-L] Musicality quotient P.S.

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:58:56 EST 2007

On 12/6/07, Keith Elshaw <keith at totango.net> wrote:
> > Ron wrote:
> >>I understand you as saying musicality is expressed in your feet.

> Well, that would be a pretty dumb thing to say.
>
> I said it comes from feeling and the body and then named practically all
> it's major parts.

Keith,

Thanks for clarifying what you meant. When you said:

"In all sincerity, I ask you to seek it through your feet, your legs, your
hips. Nothing above the waist. No arms, no shoulders (keep them back with
your chest out)! NO BRAIN. It gets right in the way of musicality.

Feel the beat; move to the music DOWN THERE. Not UP HERE.

This foot, then that foot."

In one of my less lucid moments I misinterpreted you as meaning that
it was the feet, not the chest was not primarily involved in
expressing musicality.

Mea culpa.

Ron