[Tango-L] Tango on the Internet

Koos de Wit koosde.wit at hccnet.nl
Tue Dec 4 02:56:10 EST 2007

Hi Gregory and others,

I know about four free tango radio stations.

1. Radio Batanga - Tango - North Carolina - USA
2. LA 2x4 - Buenos Aires
3. AM 1110 - Buenos Aires
4. Radio Tango Argentina - USA

Below are the details. “Station” mentions the URL of the website on
which you can find this station. "Play" mentions the URL to start the
station via your browser. “Stream” mentions the URL to start the station
directly from your favorite player, typically via Ctrl-U or Ctrl-O.

1. *Radio Batanga - Tango*
 >From Greensboro, North Carolina, USA. All day fine tango music plus
some ads for the station itself. Station: http://www.batanga.com Play:
http://radio.batanga.com/sp/LaunchPlaylistEM.asp?StationID=17&Format=wm&Speed=1
Stream: http://wm.batanga.com/BATANGA_Tango_117 Be patient. The stream
commences after almost two minutes.

2. *LA 2x4*
La radio de Tango de Buenos Aires. Un Clásico - Tango FM 92.7, Live 24
hours. Now and then also salsa and some talking. Station:
http://www.la2x4.com.ar/ Stream: mms://2x4.telecomdatacenter.com.ar/2x4

3. *AM 1110*
La Once Diez - La Radio de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires. La Porteña, LS1,
Live 24 hours. Now and then news and stuff. Also quite a lot non-tango and
folksmusic. Station: http://www.oncediez.gov.ar/ Guide:
http://www.radiodelaciudad.gov.ar/programacionAM_ Stream:
mms://radiociudad.telecomdatacenter.com.ar/radiociudad

4. *Radio Tango Argentina*
Radio Cubik Network - USA - Online and in style 24/7. Experience the
Passion of Buenos Aires. Sometimes the station is out of the air.
Station: http://www.radiotango.com/ Mission:
http://www.radiotango.com/mission_2.asp Stream:
http://streamstation.radiocubik.com:8000

In addition there are *Live365 stations*, produced by private persons.
Listening to them is free. If you are a (paying) member the stations
will be without commercials, with a larger choice of stations and with
CD quality. Currently there are over 4.000 stations in 263 genres. Via
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?genre=tango&access=PUBLIC
you will find all (currently 4) free public Live365 stations with
"tango" as one of the tags. Via
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?searchdesc=tango&access=PUBLIC
you will find all (currently 212) free public stations with "tango"
found anywhere in the description.

Have fun,
Koos de Wit