[Tango-L] Daniel Borelli in Buenos Aires milongas

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Tue Aug 28 19:53:56 EDT 2007

> Here is Dany's schedule as DJ in the milongas:

Thanks Janis and Celia.

> I begged her to lower the sound level a few weeks ago since
> it was blasting, but she wouldn't. You know it's too loud when
> you have to shout to be heard by the person seated next to you.

I found it bearable... at a distance of ten blocks away, in Gricel ;)

The other problem I had with Viviana's DJing is her customisations,
e.g. Canaro's Milonga Criolla (sped up, lots), D'Arienzo's Este Es El
Rey (silences snipped out). About the D'Arienzo she told me "Los
viejos milongueros no tienen gusto las pausas" seemingly unaware that
what she's snipped were  not pauses but rests. The result is a
crucified meter which surely the old milongueros like even less. I
didn't stop to ask them, deciding to make a fast exit before the
Vivisected version of Pugliese's Desde El Alma ;)

The DJ's here I most like are Mario Orlando, Damián Boggio, Antonio
(Maipu 444, Thursday) and the invisible DJ at Gricel on Sunday. Anyone
know his name?

Chris