[Tango-L] Should automatic crossing, or automatic anything, be discouraged?

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sun Aug 26 14:35:30 EDT 2007

> I find that it takes 30 or 40 minutes for new beginners to learn the RULE-
> LEAD, and five minutes to learn the AXIS-LEAD.

I'd guess Tom that's because your students have an able teacher.

This issue is simply Easy to Learn v. Easy to Teach. The poor teacher
finds it much easier to teach a rule instead of the lead, whether for
cross, giro, or any other step for which an analytic explanation has
been fabricated.

> whether the cross is part of the giro, a
> structured pattern, or an improvised walk. Yeah, it explains a few
> things, but who cares, really beyond Tango-L arguers?

Everyone who buys those tango scientology seminars, evidently ;)

Chris