[Tango-L] V Campeonato -- American Couple Finalists at World Tango Championship - ABC News

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 12:37:01 EDT 2007

Hi all!

Check out this article on American Finalists Eduardo Goytia
and Cyrena Drusine at the World Tango Championship.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/International/International/story?id=3523643&page=1

There are also related stories on judging a tango
competition and tango tourism.

We have talked with Eduardo and with Colette & Richard
(last years American representatives) before they went to
their competitions.  All of them were so excited to be
going to BsAs and to share their tango, that one can't help
but be happy for them and for all of the contestants.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Janis Kenyon <Jantango at feedback.net.ar> wrote:

> I'm listening to 2x4 radio while reading email and just
> heard that 37
> couples made it to the finals of the salon category after
> dancing two nights
> of semifinal rounds before two judging panels.  Among the
> countries
> represented are Italy, Russia, Colombia, Spain, and the
> United States.
>
> Eduardo Goytia and Cyrena Drusine from New York made it
> to the finals.  The
> results will be announced around midnight on Sunday and
> posted to the
> website.

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/