[Tango-L] YouTube includes surprises

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Mon Aug 20 14:11:45 EDT 2007

Janis,
Is this the video you're refering to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYOzztF9Kkc
If so, from the way the top area bends, it looks it might have been taped off
another monitor. I can imagine your surprise to see it especially since at the
end there's a strong suggestion that the material was filmed by the poster.
Kind of cheesy to say the least. I'd contact this person if I were you and ask
some questions.
Also, putting videos on YouTube is quite easy. Just click on "Help" at the
top of  the YouTube site if you're interested.

> From: "Janis Kenyon" <Jantango at feedback.net.ar>
> Subject: [Tango-L] YouTube includes surprises
>
> I was viewing YouTube today to see how many videos of tango there are
> on the site.  Then I began a search by names of milongueros--Ricardo
> Vidort, Ruben Harymbat, Miguel Angel Balbi.  I was stunned when I came
> upon three minutes of a video I filmed of Ricardo Suarez in June 2000.
>  Ricardo and I are the only ones who have a copy.  I invited him to
> talk about his life in tango and gave him a copy of the two-hour
> filming.  I viewed the entire filming for the first time myself only
> last week, even though it was made more than seven years ago.  It
> didn't take long to discover the identity of the poster by going to
> his website.  He is teaching tango milonguero and travels to Europe.
> He has several photos of Ricardo Suarez on his website.  Ricardo (at
> 83) is still working in his electrical repair shop in San Telmo to pay
> the bills.
>
> I don't know if Ricardo is aware that a three-minute clip of his video
> is on the internet.  What a surprise for me when I discovered
> something I filmed got onto YouTube.  I haven't the slightest idea of
> how to put a video on YouTube.
>
> Ruben Harymbat and Miguel Angel Balbi weren't aware of their existence
> on the Internet until I informed them.  All those hidden cameras are
> capturing dancers without their knowledge or permission and being
> shown to the world that demands immediate access.
>
> Janis Kenyon
> Buenos Aires

Watch TaiChiDancers YouTube videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dFKKw9V5zc