[Tango-L] Tango Competition in Buenos Aires

Russell Ranno russellranno at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 03:11:58 EDT 2007

What is the deal with these tango competitions?  I understand it from a
Ballroom perspective but it seems completely against the spirit of the
improvised social dance, especially in the hallowed Buenos Aires.  What I
find equally perplexing is that Janice is reporting about it, someone I have
long considered to be a guardian of the milonguero ethos...

Does anybody have an interest in what kind of boleos are "allowed"?

Russell