[Tango-L] ATM withdrawals and money exchanges in Buenos Aires

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:50:45 EDT 2007

"When you arrive at EZE, just after your bags go through the x-ray machine
(and before you walk out the sliding doors), if you look over to the right,
there is a Banco de la Nation exchange that allows virtually unlimited
exchange at a great rate."

That's exactly what I did. It wasn't immediately noticeable at first. You do
have to look to your right, after exiting customs and see that green machine
inside a little room at the end of the hall. There was a whole slew of
tourists lining up at the cambio exchange booth. I'd been warned to stay
away from that and just use the LINK atm machine. Which I did, no problems
at all. Well, it was a minor cultural difference to using an Argentina bank
machine instead of a North American one but other than that, no problems at
all.

In any country, Cambio exchange booths always charge more than bank
machines. Not just Argentina, ANY country.

Never had a problem using bank machines and I had an excellent exchange
rate. Mind you, exchange rates tend to fluctuate on a daily basis so one
would do well to monitor exchange rates via the internet (if possible) to
decide when it's prime time to withdraw cash.