[Tango-L] Gavito

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 09:49:31 EDT 2007

To Aron and others,

No, Lexa was not making a blatent advertisement. Many of us have very fond
memories of Gavito and the original milonga at DanceSport was very popular and
attracted many good dancers. Gavito was very gracious to many. It is hard to
think about the milonga without remembering him. The new space is very nice I
for one never studied with Gavito but was often complimented by him for my
dancing. He was generous that way like he was to Lexa.   and BTW,   Lexa is one of
the very few women who really know how to lead properly. Like him or not, or
his dancing style, he was a presence and a strong spirit in the tango
community. He taught everyone that you did not have to do much. It was possible to
distill